Hello all, it's been a long time.
A very long time. And in all of that time, I haven't worn my Ocarina of Time costume even once. So I'm selling it. Currently taking offers but first, there are some things you should know.
1) Chainmail, Sclera contacts and bodysuit are not included.
I still use the chainmail for my Twilight Princess Dark Link, however, you can buy "black" chainmail online for around $200. That's how I got mine. The bodysuit was a matte cotton/spandex full-body suit from River's Edge Dancewear and I got it for about $60 in 2007.
2) The props ARE included. These were the very first set of Dark Link weapons Aaron from Fiberglass Blades ever made.
As such, the colors were custom. The silver paint is mixed with black, making it more of a gunmetal color than the bright silver he uses now. A series of tricks are used to get the heavy baldric to stay in place, but if anyone purchases the costume, I will tell them all of the secrets to look just like me.
3) The gloves are this type now, not the original type we used. This type is more accurate. Forcebewitya's are a shinier leather, but mine are made of a matte suede. (to better absorb light)img09.deviantart.net/100e/i/20…
4) The boots are also this this type. This type has a more rounded toe than the original run of the costume.www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi…
5) The wig won't be included in the costume. It was a low-quality wig from a cheap seller and is too damaged after years of wear. But if it's any consolation, it only took me an hour to style with no experience and I work at Arda Wigs now. I can suggest you a nice, high-quality alternative.
6) This was my first ever costume and as such, the sewing is terrible. However, the tunic is made from really nice real linen and is pretty resilient. This costume is sold as is.
7) I put this one last because it is the most important. The sword and sheath have regular wear and tear which is not noticeable in photos. HOWEVER the shield is damaged on one of it's corners
. It happened while I was moving one year. There is no damage on the face of the shield; the shield is damaged in the photo below but you cannot see it. Looking straight at it, it is the upper-left corner of the shield. The phoenix is also a black foil that sometimes peels a little. It may need some repairing. As of now, you only need to glue back down some of the corners. But you could also tear it off, remove the glue and and paint on your own if you wanted. I believe the high-quality automotive paint will hold up to scrubbing. Your choice.
I will be providing more updates and photos in the days to come as I take new photos. All photos listed are at least a few years old. But luckily the condition of most of the pieces are still the same. I would like to give my very kind and encouraging fans on dA a chance to purchase this costume before I list it anywhere else. You all have been so encouraging to me over the years and I really appreciate it.
I am considering any and all serious offers. If there are not offers for the full costume, I will consider selling the props alone. Keep in mind, Aaron from FiberglassBlades.com is no longer making props on a regular basis, if at all. And recent sales for a set of new weapons is around $2000.
Not that my pieces are new, but please keep this in mind when making an offer. Any and all serious inquiries with questions are welcome by way of a Note or comment here. Thank you all.
For photos of a similar set of Ocarina of Time weapons, please visit my prop makers site here:fiberglassblades.com/Blades.ht…